“Renaissance Universe” Bronze Armillary Dial
- $ 329.95
Armillary dials represent the entire universe as it was known in Renaissance times. Gracefully intertwined bronze rings symbolize the position and trajectories of heavenly bodies around the earth, which at the time was believed to be the universe’s center.
Armillary spheres were among the first complex mechanical devices. When having their portraits painted, Renaissance dignitaries often rested one hand on an armillary sphere, which represented the height of human wisdom and knowledge.
- Symbolizes human knowledge and advancement
- Impressive accent for your desk, table, or bookshelf
- Reproduction of an 18th century original
Dimensions & More Info
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Dimensions: 7.5 in. x 14.5 in.
- Materials: Bronze
- Brass rings, expertly aged to bronze finish and intertwined to represent the rings of the universe
- Reproducted from 18th Century original