18th Century Renaissance Atlas Armillary
- $ 895.00
Renaissance scientists and public figures often had their portraits painted with one hand on an armillary sphere, a model of celestial bodies. The armillary represented the pinnacle of human wisdom and knowledge.
The Atlas of our bronze Armillary dial is carrying the weight of the entire universe, as it was understood in Renaissance times, on his shoulders.
- Graceful, intertwined silver rings symbolize the position and trajectories of heavenly bodies around the earth.
- Zeus sentenced Atlas to carry the weight of the cosmos across your desk, bookshelf, or table until the end of time.
Dimensions & More Info
- Weight: 16.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 22 in. x 10 in.
- Materials: Bronze, chrome, aluminum, granite
- Intricate collection of bronze and chrome, expertly intertwined to represent the rings of the universe
- Brass rings, expertly aged to bronze finish
- Aluminum cast Atlas statute, antique patina
- Heavyweight polished granite base
- Reproducted from 18th Century original